- How do I get HFP to recognize my poker tables?
- How do I change the table layout?
- Which poker sites are supported?
- Can I customize my opening raise amount?
- Can I customize voice commands to whatever words I want?
- What equipment is recommended for use with Hands Free Poker?
- How do I use my XBOX 360 controller with Hands Free Poker?
- What versions of Windows are supported?
- I cannot find the answer to my question, what shall I do?
- What commands are supported?
- How do I bet without using the slider bar?
- Pinnacle Game Profiler says "the version is incompatible to my computer"
- How do I Run Hands Free Poker as Administrator?
- How does Hands Free Poker guard against mis-clicks?
- What poker games are supported?
- Do I need special voice recognition software?
- What poker sites are supported?
Gameplay and Playing Guides
- Restore Last Session
- The voice recognition software is interpreting all gameplay commands as dictation, so if I say “call” instead of clicking the call button, the word “call” appears in the dialogue box of my voice recognition?
- What is ‘confirmation mode’?
- What is Pinnacle Game Profiler Software?
- Can I still use the mouse/keyboard while Hands Free Poker is running?
- Report HFP Bugs
“Hi I just bought a new laptop, and am trying to run the latest pinnacle game profiler trial version. After restarting the computer, I get a message saying, the version is incompatible to my computer.”
The Error screen will look like the following:
In these rare cases, Pinnacle Game Profiler will need to be manually updated by clicking here.
This is an extremely important step which will solve a vast majority of initial issues you may be having with Hands Free Poker. Setting HFP to ‘run as administrator’ will allow the software to run correctly on your Windows machine. Please see the below video that shows you the exact steps you need to take in order to make this happen. The steps are also listed here:
- Right click on the “Hands Free Poker” spade icon shortcut on the desktop
- Go to “Properties”
- Go to “Compatibility” Tab
- Select “Run as Administrator” toward the bottom of the menu
- Click “OK’
If you already have HFP running and you open a new table, the system will automatically recognize the new table. You can tell a table has been recognized by HFP because there will be a large red number, indicating the table number, on the table itself. If you already have tables open and you want to use HFP with those tables, you will need to use the ‘Add New Table Wizard’ as described below:
1) Click on the ‘Add New Table Wizard’ button on the HFP menu as shown below:
2) Click and hold down on the bullseye icon underneath ‘Find Table’ on the left side of the ‘Add New Table Wizard’ window. After clicking and holding down the bullseye icon, drag the bullseye over to the poker table you would like to add. You will see a yellow box around the table to be sure you are adding the table correctly. When you see the yellow box around the table, release the mouse. You should now see the name of the table in the ‘Add New Table Wizard’ window as shown below:
3) Simply click ‘Add Table’ and the system will confirm you have successfully added the table you selected. Your table will now be recognized by Hands Free Poker.
Hands Free Poker supports two different table layouts: Tiled/Grid and Cascading. To switch between these two different modes you can either use the voice command ‘Change Layout’ or the hotkey ‘Control + L’.
Tiled or Grid layout means all of your poker tables will be tiled in a tight grid as shown below:
Cascade layout means all of your poker tables will be tiled in a tight grid as shown below:
In this article we will describe how to use the “Restore Last Session” feature to automatically re-open any tables you may have had open if your computer turns off or you have an unexpected shutdown.
What “Restore Last Session” does is opens up any tables that were previously running when HFP was closed. You can use this feature if you play the same tables a lot, say cash game tables for instance. HFP will remember the name of the table you were at and then when you click “Restore Last Session”, it will open the tables with the same names as before.
Try it out and let us know what you think!
The voice recognition software is interpreting all gameplay commands as dictation, so if I say “call” instead of clicking the call button, the word “call” appears in the dialogue box of my voice recognition?
“”I just wanted to let you know the outcome with the problem I was having.
It turns out the language for the grammar on my system was set as:English(Ireland) and the language in the voice recognition was set as: English(US). Once I set them both to English(US) there was no more conflict and HFP4.0 worked just fine.
Many thanks once again for all help”
Yes, Hands Free Poker has a mechanism to allow you to set your opening raise amount to be between 2-9 Big Blinds in the .1 increments. On the Hands Free Poker menu, go to Options, then select Preferences and you will see the following pull down box that will let you select the amount you would like the system to raise when opening the pot. This command is called ‘open raise’, you can read about this command and more in our commands section.
Yes, in fact you can customize Hands Free Poker to recognize any word or phrase you would like for any of the commands. We have setup a system called ‘Synonyms’ where you can add or remove words that the system has assigned to each command. You can access this section by going to the Hands Free Poker menu and choosing Options then click on Preferences. The far right tab says ‘Voice Command Synonyms’, here you can assign any number of words or phrases to each of the HFP commands.
For instance, you can assign ‘muck’ to the ‘fold’ command and then the system will execute the ‘fold’ command whenever ‘muck’ is said. This allows you for total customization of your voice commands and their result.
Confirmation mode is turned ‘on’ by default and ensures that ever command that is recognized by the software will have a pop up box come up FIRST that give you the option ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to confirm what was said. This mode should be used when you are first using the software or if you are in a noisy area and just feel more comfortable confirming each action.
You can toggle this setting on and off by clicking on the ‘Confirmation Mode’ button at the top of the Hands Free Poker menu.